- scaleable solution for different networks
- impoved interface of command line for management
- flexible service configuration
- working with equipment of different vendors
- hardware accelerated data
- capability till 10 Gbps
- L2/L3 function realization on hardware
- reservation of critical nodes
The family of ESR routers are a universal hardware platform capable of performing a wide range of tasks related to network security. The lineup includes application-oriented models to be used in networks of various sizes - from small business networks to carrier networks and data centres.
Typical tasks performed by service routers:
- Providing NAT, Firewall services
- Organization of secure network tunnels to combine different offices of companies (IPsec VPN)
- Organization of remote access to local resources in enterprise networks (L2TP, PPTP)
- Means for the gradual transition from IPv4 addressing to IPv6 (6to4, 4to6)
- Filtering of network data by various criteria
- Detection and prevention of network intrusion attempts, protection against data loss
- Analysis of network traffic and network activity in relation to applications and users
- Reservation of connections to networks of Internet-providers
- A number of other tasks being constantly added to the list due to development of data networks and the emergence of new network services
These functions are combinable with traditional services. The devices have features of L2 switch and L3 router.
The key elements of ESR-200 are data processing hardware acceleration equipment ensuring high levels of productivity. Hardware and software processing is distributed among the units of the device.